Does not wisdom cry ? and understanding put forth her voice?
Listen to the podcast
The Ten Vows
The Ten Practices
Welcome to the Quest for the Light of God
My name is Charlie, and I have practiced Creation Spirituality for 12 years now. It has brought a lot of meaning and questions into my life.
Wisdom's Cry is my public journal of what I have learned and what I am learning. I am a seeker, a believer in exile who has found a path to Jesus through Mary and Creation Spirituality, and that is what I want to share with you.
This is a path we are going to have to walk together. No one person or institution in the world today has all the answers. We are going to have seek Wisdom's voice together. I look forward to the journey.
Peace and Light to you Forever. Amen.
Twelve Principles of Creation Spirituality
2. In Creation, God is both immanent and transcendent. (Read More) This is panentheism which is not theism (God out there) and not atheism (no God anywhere).
We experience that the Divine is in all things and all things are in the Divine.
3. God is as much Mother as Father, as much Child as Parent, as much God in mystery as the God in history, as much beyond all words and images as in all forms and beings.
We are liberated from the need to cling to God in one form or one literal name.
4. In our lives, it is through the work of spiritual practice that we find our deep and true selves.
Through the arts of meditation and silence we cultivate a clarity of mind and move beyond fear into compassion and community.
5. Our inner work can be understood as a four-fold journey involving:
- awe, delight, amazement (known as the Via Positiva)
- uncertainty, darkness, suffering, letting go (Via Negativa)
- birthing, creativity, passion (Via Creativa)
- justice, healing, celebration (Via Transformativa)
We weave through these paths like a spiral danced, not a ladder climbed.
6. Every one of us is a mystic.
We can enter the mystical as much through beauty (Via Positiva) as through contemplation and suffering (Via Negativa). We are born full of wonder and can recover it at any age.
7. Every one of us is an artist.
Whatever the expression of our creativity, it is our prayer and praise (Via Creativa).
8. Every one of us is a prophet.
Our prophetic work is to interfere with all forms of injustice and that which interrupts authentic life (Via Transformativa).
9. Diversity is the nature of the Universe. We rejoice in and courageously honor the rich diversity within the Cosmos and expressed among individuals and across multiple cultures, religions and ancestral traditions.
10. The basic work of God is compassion and we, who are all original blessings and sons and daughters of the Divine, are called to compassion.
We acknowledge our shared interdependence; we rejoice at one another's joys and grieve at one another's sorrows and labor to heal the causes of those sorrows.
11. There are many wells of faith and knowledge drawing from one underground river of Divine wisdom. The practice of honoring, learning and celebrating the wisdom collected from these wells is Deep Ecumenism.
We respect and embrace the wisdom and oneness that arises from the diverse wells of all the sacred traditions of the world.
12. Ecological justice is essential for the sustainability of life on Earth.
Ecology is the local expression of cosmology and so we commit to live in light of this value: to pass on the beauty and health of Creation to future generations.
Thoughts and Meditations
Check out the latest episode of the podcast: 34- Creativity and Mindfulness https://t.co/Z5DusGrMwj
Check out the latest episode of the podcast: 33- The Law of the Spirit https://t.co/Z5DusGrMwj
Check out the latest episode of the podcast: 32- Salt and Light https://t.co/Z5DusGrMwj
Check out the latest episode of the podcast: 31- The Blessings of Zion https://t.co/Z5DusGrMwj
Check out the latest episode of the podcast: 30- Vocation, everyone has a calling https://t.co/Z5DusGrMwj
Check out the latest episode of the podcast: 29- The Necessary God https://t.co/Z5DusGrMwj
If you want to hear the voice of God, go hang out with your friends. That joy, love, and interconnectedness you fee… https://t.co/DpfhC1DuUo
The light of God shine on everyone, whether they have faith or not. It is the duty of the faithful to collect this… https://t.co/c5fiTyqnw0
Jesus told the rich to sell everything they have and give it to the poor. Can you imagine what good we could bring… https://t.co/aPlttNhqtv
Today we remember Pope John XXIII who tried to reform the Roman Catholic Church and bring it into the modern world.… https://t.co/7CEaelFzsn
Check out the latest episode of the podcast: 28- The Other Side https://t.co/Z5DusGrMwj