Does not wisdom cry ? and understanding put forth her voice?
Listen to the podcast
The Ten Vows
The Ten Practices
Welcome to the Quest for the Light of God
My name is Charlie, and I have practiced Creation Spirituality for 12 years now. It has brought a lot of meaning and questions into my life.
Wisdom's Cry is my public journal of what I have learned and what I am learning. I am a seeker, a believer in exile who has found a path to Jesus through Mary and Creation Spirituality, and that is what I want to share with you.
This is a path we are going to have to walk together. No one person or institution in the world today has all the answers. We are going to have seek Wisdom's voice together. I look forward to the journey.
Peace and Light to you Forever. Amen.
Twelve Principles of Creation Spirituality
2. In Creation, God is both immanent and transcendent. (Read More) This is panentheism which is not theism (God out there) and not atheism (no God anywhere).
We experience that the Divine is in all things and all things are in the Divine.
3. God is as much Mother as Father, as much Child as Parent, as much God in mystery as the God in history, as much beyond all words and images as in all forms and beings.
We are liberated from the need to cling to God in one form or one literal name.
4. In our lives, it is through the work of spiritual practice that we find our deep and true selves.
Through the arts of meditation and silence we cultivate a clarity of mind and move beyond fear into compassion and community.
5. Our inner work can be understood as a four-fold journey involving:
- awe, delight, amazement (known as the Via Positiva)
- uncertainty, darkness, suffering, letting go (Via Negativa)
- birthing, creativity, passion (Via Creativa)
- justice, healing, celebration (Via Transformativa)
We weave through these paths like a spiral danced, not a ladder climbed.
6. Every one of us is a mystic.
We can enter the mystical as much through beauty (Via Positiva) as through contemplation and suffering (Via Negativa). We are born full of wonder and can recover it at any age.
7. Every one of us is an artist.
Whatever the expression of our creativity, it is our prayer and praise (Via Creativa).
8. Every one of us is a prophet.
Our prophetic work is to interfere with all forms of injustice and that which interrupts authentic life (Via Transformativa).
9. Diversity is the nature of the Universe. We rejoice in and courageously honor the rich diversity within the Cosmos and expressed among individuals and across multiple cultures, religions and ancestral traditions.
10. The basic work of God is compassion and we, who are all original blessings and sons and daughters of the Divine, are called to compassion.
We acknowledge our shared interdependence; we rejoice at one another's joys and grieve at one another's sorrows and labor to heal the causes of those sorrows.
11. There are many wells of faith and knowledge drawing from one underground river of Divine wisdom. The practice of honoring, learning and celebrating the wisdom collected from these wells is Deep Ecumenism.
We respect and embrace the wisdom and oneness that arises from the diverse wells of all the sacred traditions of the world.
12. Ecological justice is essential for the sustainability of life on Earth.
Ecology is the local expression of cosmology and so we commit to live in light of this value: to pass on the beauty and health of Creation to future generations.
Thoughts and Meditations
Check out the latest episode of the podcast: God is in everything and everything is in God https://t.co/Nl4pkzUPkC
May we fill our nights with thanksgiving and our days with compassion. https://t.co/kECyeiPcHW
Sunday is the feast of Pentecost, so now is the time to prepare ourselves for the advent of the Holy Spirit, our te… https://t.co/1u8WLFUclw
Shadows fall over all our lives, but God's Light cannot be eclipsed or taken away. Keep your eyes on God and live i… https://t.co/PwtVIu9Npg
Seeking wisdom is a life long journey and not destination we will ever arrive at. Everyday we find our way through… https://t.co/M8tkkA6y32
God is the greening power that flows through the world bringing life and hope to the world. Join in the work of cre… https://t.co/hkjlfZHac0
Check out the latest episode of the podcast: What does a modern fatih look like https://t.co/omoYnKttVB
Happy Easter! May the light of the risen Lord shine upon you all and bless you and keep you in all your ways. Amen https://t.co/D2uBosikAr
Check out the latest episode of the podcast: 69- Spirituality and Study https://t.co/2Q3gFHGi0o
Check out the latest episode of the podcast: 68- Dealing with Spiritual Backlash https://t.co/39PIEdmgGf
Check out the latest episode of the podcast: 67- God doesn't show Favoritism https://t.co/DvP9IguKqQ
Check out the latest episode of the podcast: 66- Watering the Tree of Life https://t.co/uEiA7AKzPT